Qualifications: Dip. Law
Areas of Practice: Property Law, Commercial and Retail Leasing, Business Law and Wills and Probate
Anne joined Surry Partners in 2017. After being admitted in 2001, Anne has worked in commercial and property law. Over that period, Anne developed some great traction with business development and, in 2006, opened her own firm. For six (6) years she successfully developed her own practice, which included commercial, property law, wills, probate, and some franchising work.
In addition to her skills in commercial and residential property matters, Anne’s experience includes handling the commercial law matters surrounding her clients’ businesses such as partnership agreements, joint venture and agency agreements, Corporations Act documents, manufacture and supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, shareholders agreements, deeds of licence, supply agreements, loan agreements and franchise agreements.
Anne has worked on a range of transactions, including:
- General conveyancing, property development, sale and purchase of residential and commercial properties, including house and land contracts, company title contracts, home building contracts, many off the plan contracts, and advising on contracts for purchasers buying in their self-managed superannuation funds.
- Acting as the original panel solicitor for large investment group with over 100,000 members Australia wide and New Zealand, managing many simultaneous property settlements.
- Coordinating and managing settlements of large scale mortgagee power of sale of 33 apartments, simultaneously in 1 day.
- Acting on the sale and purchase of businesses, including sale and purchase of real estate agencies and rent rolls, cafés and restaurants, and software companies.
- Advising on licensing requirements for real estate agents, real estate employment agreements, including partnership agreements, confidentiality agreements, company Corporations Act documents.
- Advising on franchise agreements including personal training franchises, and bakeries.
- Negotiating with Chinese companies in respect of Chinese buyer agency agreements and manufacture agreements with Chinese manufacturers in for a sporting equipment inventor, and in the fashion industry.
- Advising on all aspects of trusts, including Corporate Structuring, Unit Trusts, Discretionary Trusts, and Family Trusts.
- Strata Law, drafting by-laws for renovation works, advising on owner rights in relation to by-laws and pets.
- Advising on lease transactions, including acting for landlords and tenants in relation to private, commercial and retail leasing.
- Speaking engagements and presenting papers at many significant Property Investor conferences in New South Wales, Queensland, and New Zealand, including speaking at Property Investor conferences.
- The Law Society of NSW
- The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
- Yachting Australia
- Associate Member of Perisher Ski Patrol