Building and Construction
Surry Partners Lawyers provides legal services to the building, construction and engineering industries, acting for a wide range of clients including developers and owners, main contractors, consultants and subcontractors.
Surry Partners brings a commercial and pragmatic approach to projects and issues including:
Surry Partners act for major multi-national contractors, specialist infrastructure owners and operators, multi-discipline consultants and domestic builders.
- Advised an engineering contractor in relation to a significant contract variation claim against a multi-national head contractor
- Reviewed and advised on Expressions of Interest, Requests for Tender, Principal’s Project Requirements, Scope of Works concerning a significant multi-party infrastructure project.
- Negotiated and drafted complex multi-party Non-disclosure Agreements and Non-reliance Agreements
- Completed the review, negotiation and drafting of all Project Alliance Agreement (PAA) terms and conditions, including Commercial Framework, Collateral Warranties, Deeds of Novation and Certification on an infrastructure alliance project
- Negotiated and drafted contracts for engagement on design-and-construct projects
- Reviewed client operations against insurance requirements, including drafting contract and scope amendments to help ensure policy compliance with advice to Board and officers regarding insurance obligations
- Reviewed and amended proposed contract provisions in relation to OH&S obligations, including drafting provisions to help ensure reasonable and manageable OH&S duties and advising directors and staff regarding corporate and individual responsibilities and liabilities