Business and Corporate
Surry Partners focus is on business and corporate law and the commercial environment in which its clients operate. The principals and senior staff draw on their technical knowledge and combine it with years of hands-on commercial experience to deliver solutions-focused advice.
The focus on commercial law extends to staff recruitment and on-going staff training. Surry Partners works with mid-to-large enterprises and provides Private Client services for the owners and managers of those firms.
Our expertise includes:
- Contracts preparation, negotiations and advice
- Corporate structures establishment and structuring of new businesses
- Shareholder arrangements and related advice
- Consumer and Competition Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Directors Duties and advice to Boards
- Franchising and Licensing
- Distribution Agreements and International Trade
- Joint Ventures
- Lease and Asset Financing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Partnership Agreements and related advice
- Acted for a client on the multi-million dollar sale of its local hair care distribution business, by way of a sale of shares back to the European rights holder, including complex due diligence, intellectual property transfers, negotiations on representations and warranties and restraints of trade
- Negotiated and prepared a contract manufacturing agreement between an established confectionary company and the global owner of the manufacturing formulas and moulds
- Advised a client in relation to the conduct of a competitor and documented breaches of the Consumer and Competition Act 2010 for a reference to the ACCC
- Acted for a developer client in documenting a complex interstate joint venture in relation to a mixed residential/commercial development between their company, a large architecture practice and funding group.
- Negotiated and drafted a shareholder agreement between two registered training organisations, connected with a part purchase of shares and assets of related entities and put and call options over the remaining equity in the principal entity
- Drafted a binding Heads of Agreement between two companies to allow for the conduct of an agreed due diligence program, concerning the proposed purchase of a range of OTC pharmaceutical products, incorporating a mutual non-disclosure agreement
- Drafted an exclusive sales and distribution agreement between an Australian manufacturer of organic skin care products and a Japanese company
- Prepared a number of exclusive supply, sales and distribution agreements for a client in the generic pharmaceuticals industry to a number of listed pharma companies in Australia and New Zealand
- Establishing a company to act as the joint venture vehicle for two leading companies in the electronic-interactive signboards business, including related shareholder agreement with a staged funding arrangement and pre-agreed buyout provisions
- Acting on the sale of a digital media business to a major competitor by way of a share sale, incorporating top up payments for achieving pre-agreed future events.
- Advising company directors and management in relation to an ASIC investigation