Qualifications: BSc and LLB
Areas of Practice: Property Law specialising in advice and dispute work, Planning Law including Land & Environment Court applications, Liquor licensing.
Mario is a consultant lawyer who commenced practice in 1998 and spent much of his career in a boutique Sydney city firm. In his career Mario has helped private, corporate and government clients including listed and multinational corporations, and government authorities.
Mario’s strengths lie in his experience and knowledge, his determination and analytical approach, and his focus on protecting and advancing client’s interests. The client’s interests are always central to the advice and recommended action provided by Mario.
Mario has achieved successful outcomes for clients in a range of matters, including:
- Obtaining development consents in the Land & Environment Court (“L&E Court”) and through local councils, in relation to developments ranging from single dwellings to medium and high density; mixed use developments; sub-divisions; and, hotel developments; including approvals in the City of Sydney and Byron Shire Council;
- Commencing civil proceedings in the L&E Court on behalf of clients defending Council enforcement actions, dealing with validity questions and seeking orders to prevent breaches of legislation;
- Advising in relation to property dispute negotiations/litigation including encroachment, lease, development, and neighbour disputes;
- Providing acquisition of land advice & negotiating compensation, including acting in appeals in the L&E Court.
- Acting in Federal Court proceedings acting on behalf of a state government corporation in a commercial dispute with a hotel developer concerning development of a large new hotel and involving contractual and misleading representation claims;
- Advising on substantial disputes involving new multi-storey commercial/retail buildings in inner Sydney acting for clients in the University sector and state government corporations;
- Acting on behalf of a large historic Trust organisation to resolve complicated Supreme Court proceedings, involving a large bequest that had been on-going in excess of 10 years and involved several stakeholder interests before his involvement;
- Acting in property lease disputes acting for Councils, Universities, hotel landlords/operators, statutory corporations, commercial building owners and also acting for tenants, including some of the largest retail franchise chains in Australia; and
- Supreme Court (NSW) proceedings acting for a developer against a Council in relation to contamination of a development site through the use of a neighbouring “informal” waste disposal site, which also involved negotiations to achieve completion of the development.
Law Society of New South Wales