Qualifications: LLB and BA in Int Stds (University of Technology, Sydney)
Sally graduated from University of Technology, Sydney with a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and a Bachelor Laws in 2015. She was admitted as a lawyer in August 2015.
Throughout her studies, Sally broadened her legal skills and experience by working as a paralegal for a firm with a strong property practice. She enjoyed a productive role in which she supported the firm in acting for a number of developers, particularly in relation to on their off-the-plan residential sales developments throughout the Sydney metropolitan area.
Completing her degree in 2015, Sally was offered a full time position with another firm, where she worked in the Property team consisting of three lawyers, acting for a range of purchasers on residential matters and off-the-plan development transactions in NSW, Victoria and Queensland.
Sally joined Surry Partners early in 2017 and has worked on a range of transactions, including:
- Acting for purchasers including foreign buyers, SMSF trusts and companies for sale and purchase of land in NSW, VIC and QLD.
- Acting on sale and purchase of Defence Housing properties and Retirement Villages.
- Acting for over 30 clients simultaneously in relation to the purchase of a NSW off-the-plan development portfolio that totalled approximately $120 million and taking full responsibility for these matters.
- Acting for over 20 clients simultaneously in relation to the purchase of a VIC off-the-plan development portfolio that totalled approximately $80 million and taking full responsibility for these matters.
- Advising on, preparing and lodging successful applications to the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB).
- Advising and negotiating on behalf of a number of tenants in the hospitality industry in respect of complex commercial lease matters.
- Advising in relation to the sale of a restaurant business and a food wholesale business in Sydney.
- Advising on stamp duty implications in NSW, VIC and QLD, including foreign investor surcharge, transfers not in conformity under Section 18(2) Duties Act and Revenue Ruling.
- Advising in relation to a packaged Liquor Licensing Laws in NSW and preparing various packaged Liquor Licence applications.
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Young Lawyers Property Law Committee