Qualifications: BEc (Sydney) and LLB (Sydney)
Areas of Practice: Property Law, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures, Business Law, Commercial and Retail Leasing, Estate Planning
Tony Brooks is a founder of Surry Partners Lawyers. He commenced practice in 1982 after obtaining law and economics degrees (with an accounting major) from Sydney University.
Tony was a partner in the city practice Garland Hawthorne Brahe (now Garland Hawthorne) where he acted for a number of major property clients, worked on major capital raisings and IPO’s and advised company directors on a range of corporate governance issues.
Tony is a pragmatic commercial lawyer, with practical experience in a range of industries and business undertakings. In recent transactions, Tony has represented clients:
- On the acquisition and sale of businesses in the IT, professional services, hospitality, retail and health care sectors
- On a complex property transaction, including the strata titling of a former hotel from the sale development and on-sale of a number of significant commercial and residential properties, including advice on complex funding agreements and property joint ventures
- Established trusts and establishing corporate entities.
- Advising a number of business owners and their families on their estate planning and asset protection requirements by way of the establishment of trusts and considered will drafting.
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Council of Australia
- Pymble Golf Club